JB & Co.
Navigating Financial Success Together
JB & Co. is a growing firm, and as such we are always interested in reviewing potential candidates. If you are interested in being a part of our fun and fast paced team, please submit a pdf of your resume to the available positions below.
Accounting Intern Responsibilities:
- Shadowing members of the Tax and Small Business team as they perform their duties.
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Preparing tax returns, financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
- Working with bookkeeping software and tax software.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
Accounting Intern Requirements:
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- Must be at minimum a Junior standing, having completed Intermediate Accounting (or similar) and some Tax courses
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
A growing four office accounting firm is seeking an experienced accounting professional to join our fast-paced team.
The position offers flexibility, with the team member being expected to work approximately 40 hours per week, with expanded time during tax season hours. The position is for the Bellefontaine, Marysville or Upper Sandusky office location, some travel between office locations is required weekly. The applicant can decide which office they prefer to work form. A flexible schedule to work remote as needed is available, and some work from home time is available during “offseason” months.
The general department will be assisting the partners in overseeing our small business team, which provides accounting and consulting to small businesses throughout Central and Northwest Ohio. You will be charged with project flow, deadline management and weekly deliverables to clients.
We offer a stimulating, exciting and progressive business environment with a competitive salary package, competitive benefits, and a group bonus program. WB promotes from within for key positions of management, directors and partners.
Job duties include:
- Accounting (general bookkeeping and day to day operations for outsource companies)
- Oversee daily accounting functions for several outsource accounting clients
- Oversee payroll processing and payroll team (review of changing rules)
- Perform regular financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis for clients
- Perform personal and business tax returns, with the assistance of the firm partners
- Reconcile and review tax and accounting related notices
- The following qualifications are required:
- Minimum 4 year degree with emphasis in accounting or finance
- 3-7 years of experience preferred
- One of the following is required or must be obtained within two years: CPA, CMA or EA
- Tax (Personal & Business) experience preferred
- Strong Accounting and Bookkeeping skills required
- Knowledge of Cash vs. Accrual accounting a must
- Ability to perform general journal entries with limited assistance
- Payroll preparation & related filings
- QuickBooks Experience (other comparable experience welcomed)
- Knowledge of Thomas Reuters Tax & Accounting suite a plus, but not required
- Ability to lead a small team of accounting professionals when owners are unavailable
- Ability to join leadership in marketing, networking, and growth planning
- Ability to work independently inside a fast-paced workplace
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year